Star

‘Cheer’ star Jerry Harris assaulted 15-year-old in public bathroom, feds allege

Federal prosecutors say “Cheer” star Jerry Harris has “exploited and violated” at least 10 boys, “exhibits all the signs of a serial child predator” and should stay behind bars.

They also allege that Harris sexually assaulted a 15-year-old boy in an unlocked public bathroom at a cheer event “with other individuals coming and going” — suggesting either that he “wanted to be caught or he simply cannot control his impulses.”

The claims appear in a nine-page memo filed Tuesday ahead of a detention hearing for Harris, who was arrested by the FBI nearly a month ago and charged with production of child pornography. The memo also alleges Harris destroyed his cellphone upon learning of the investigation — and then continued to “victimize minor boys” with a new one.

Harris, 21, is being held at the downtown Metropolitan Correctional Center, prison records show.

Though the original criminal complaint filed against Harris alleged he had admitted having anal and oral sex with a 15-year-old at a cheer event last year, Tuesday’s memo from Assistant U.S. Attorney Christopher Parente adds new detail and says law enforcement has interviewed the victim. It also hints that more criminal charges could be filed against Harris.

Last month’s complaint also alleged the Netflix docuseries star tried to persuade another minor to engage in oral sex with him at cheerleading events, solicited a third minor for sex, and sought and received child pornography on Snapchat from 10 to 15 others he knew were underage.

Harris is scheduled to appear for a detention hearing Wednesday before U.S. Magistrate Judge Heather McShain. Parente’s memo suggests Harris’ legal team will be proposing Harris be monitored by multiple third-party custodians cycling in and out of his home. Harris’ lawyer Todd Pugh did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment, though.

Parente wrote

Continue Reading

FL Star offers new Jasmine design at Arrowhead Reserve



a house with a grass field: The new Jasmine, a move-in ready home offered at Arrowhead Reserve in Immokalee.


© Submitted
The new Jasmine, a move-in ready home offered at Arrowhead Reserve in Immokalee.

A new design, the Jasmine, is being offered at Arrowhead Reserve, an intimate community of single-family homes off Lake Trafford Road in Immokalee.

“The Jasmine is a contemporary open floor plan designed for entertaining or family life,” said Gary Hains, vice president of FL Star, developer of the community. “The great room opens through sliding glass doors to a covered lanai. The home has the added benefit of a private study at the front of the house that can be used as an office for those who work from home or as a studio for those who do crafts.”

The Jasmine is a three-bedroom plus study, two-bath design encompassing 1,610 air-conditioned square feet. This home is priced at $220,900.

Loading...

Load Error

Interior features include 9-foot ceilings, wooden kitchen cabinets with granite countertops, all kitchen appliances, washer and dryer. The master suite includes window blinds and a master bath with a double sink, granite countertops, and a large tile shower with glass doors. The covered lanai is accessed from the great room through sliding glass doors, expanding the space for entertaining and enjoyment of the outdoor area. Low association fees of $130 each quarter include the community pool, clubhouse, and maintenance of the road, lake and preserve areas. 

Home designs at Arrowhead Reserve range from 1,297 air-conditioned square feet to 1,915 air-conditioned square feet. Both three-bedroom and four-bedroom designs are available.

Hains notes that prices at Arrowhead Reserve are still among the lowest in the county for new construction, with new homes beginning at $186,900, and there are a variety of mortgage options available, many that benefit first-time buyers. In addition, historically low interest rates are continuing to be an advantage for new home buyers.

In

Continue Reading

FL Star begins construction of Egret design at Sapphire Cove

Construction is underway on a new move-in ready home, the Egret design, at Sapphire Cove, an intimate residential community being developed by FL Star off Collier Boulevard in South Naples.



a palm tree in front of a house: An artist’s conception of the Egret, now under construction at Sapphire Cove, a new residential community being developed by FL Star.


© Submitted
An artist’s conception of the Egret, now under construction at Sapphire Cove, a new residential community being developed by FL Star.

The Egret is a three-bedroom plus study, two-bath design with 2,230 square feet of air-conditioned living space. With spacious outdoor living area, covered entry and two-car garage, the home encompasses 3,198 square feet.

Loading...

Load Error

“This is a very functional contemporary design,” said Jim Borden, sales professional with FL Star. “It combines the liveability of a split floor plan with elegant comfort in the details.”

Part of the appeal of the Egret design is the large master suite which shares one wing of the home with a study. The master suite includes two walk-in closets and a luxurious master bath with twin vanities, a free standing soaking tub, a walk-in shower and a private water closet. Entered through double doors, the study is conveniently located at the front of the home to provide the option of a working home office.

Two guest bedrooms are on the opposite side of the home, providing additional privacy for the owners.

The great room, dining room and kitchen open to the outdoor living space through triple sliding glass doors, creating a perfect arrangement for entertaining. A built-in outdoor kitchen is an option to enhance the space. There is additional seating space for casual dining at the kitchen’ island. 

This Egret is available for purchase priced at $499,900. Buyers have the option of adding a custom designed swimming pool. 

To preview the community, visit the Sapphire Cove welcome center within the clubhouse, located on Lord’s Way off Collier Boulevard. For a private

Continue Reading

Homes Under The Hammer star Martin Roberts explains how the stamp holiday duty works

Watch: Property expert, Martin Roberts, explains the new rules surrounding stamp duty and how you can use this initiative to your advantage

In July, Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced a stamp duty holiday for property buyers in the aim of triggering a recovery of the UK economy.

Until 31 March 2021, buyers will pay no stamp duty on the first £500,000 when they move home. The HM Treasury estimated that this will save nearly 9 out of 10 people getting onto or moving up the property ladder money.

It’s a move that Homes Under The Hammer star Martin Roberts says is very positive – and one all home buyers should take advantage of.

“This is a really positive thing,” he says.

“If you’re in the market for buying properties, this is something which you need to act quick on because we don’t know how long this window of opportunity will last for and it does actually save you those pound notes. 

Read more: Martin Roberts shares his top tips on how to move out to the country

“There’s no trick to it. It’s just a window of opportunity designed to stimulate the housing market and hopefully help us all be able to afford our dream home.” 

However, not everyone is as positive as Roberts that the Stamp Duty holiday is a good thing.

Samuel Tombs, chief UK economist at Pantheon Macroeconomics, said the impact would be minimal. 

“We do not think that a stamp duty holiday alone would stop house prices falling this year,” he wrote in an investment note. “We currently forecast a 5% peak-to-trough decline in prices.”

During previous recessions when stamp duty was abolished, house sales initially rose but this was followed by a downturn when the holiday ended. It also saw some sellers raising their prices to

Continue Reading

Freeport Mayor’s View: City seeks home improvements grant – News – Rockford Register Star

As we rapidly approach the end of the construction season, the City is quickly working to wrap up a variety of infrastructure projects. We had a busy year executing infrastructure projects and approving additional work that will be completed over the next year and a half.

In the past few months alone, the City completed the $3 million Float Avenue infrastructure project, repaved Sunset Drive, Hurd Street, Boggess Street, as well as portions of Ottawa Avenue and Winneshiek Street. Anyone who has driven over Locust Avenue between Lincoln Boulevard and Pleasant Street will appreciate the much-needed repairs that were conducted in the past week. We are also in the middle of milling the street and overlaying Highland Drive in its entirety and are planning on road repair on portions of South Demeter Drive before the weather, and leaf pickup season, prohibits us from further infrastructure improvement projects.

In addition to these water and sewer projects, the City also began utilizing our $2 million grant to replace lead service lines in the City. While all these projects can be an inconvenience to drivers attempting to navigate the construction zones, we appreciate the patience of the residents as this work is critical for upgrading our City’s infrastructure and improving our quality of life.

If you’ve driven along Burchard Avenue, you’ve no doubt noticed the long-term activity around the water tower, including a large drill. We are in the middle of drilling for our new water well #11. Once completed, this new well will allow us to draw water from the Mount Simon aquifer, which our testing has shown to have even higher quality water than provided by our other wells. Next year you’ll see construction on the water treatment plant that will be built adjacent to the well. Once operational, the well

Continue Reading