Planning to build your custom home that matches your personal taste in architecture? First, you have to find a contractor you can rely on. Selecting between different residential contractors can be tricky at times, because every other company claims to be the best in business. Here are the 9 pro tips that you need.
1. Ask around. When you are looking for custom home builders, references always count. Talk to your friends, colleagues and neighbors to know about the services that they have tried so far. Ask them about the experience and why they liked or disliked a service.
2. Check if the company is genuine. Don’t be surprised to find that many of the contractors don’t have any experience working with clients. They often offer the best discounts and sell the contracts to smaller subcontractors to make some easy money.
3. Make sure the company is licensed, insured and bonded. You need to check if the contractor has the required permissions to work in your city and area, and they must be insured, as well. These are basic aspects that people often ignore while comparing the options.
4. Are they open to your ideas? A good and reliable general contractor will take the time to understand the needs, expectations and requirements of their clients. They will also discuss the ideas that you may have in mind, and depending on the practical aspects, they may suggest the right things.
5. Will they offer an estimate? As a client, you should be extremely careful about your choice of contractor, especially with regards to the estimate that they provide. Check if their prices are genuine and in sync with the standards. Getting an estimate is also important because you can compare the options.
6. Specialization counts. Always work with a contractor who … Continue Reading
As the kitchen is the heart of a home and the focal point of most households, kitchen renovation is usually required every few years. For many, the kitchen is the most important part of the house. It is a place where the family congregates during daily meals, holiday entertaining and other activities, and as such, kitchen remodeling and makeover is one of the most common home remodeling jobs general contractors deal with. Having a kitchen that will meet your needs is not a luxury but rather a necessity … and in fact, with today's kitchen remodeling ideas, one does not need to spend a lot of money on custom kitchen remodeling design … even a simple kitchen makeover will suffice.
When planning a kitchen remodeling design a detailed plan must be drafted. In any kitchen renovation, whether it's a custom kitchen remodeling or a small kitchen makeover, the kitchen layout style should be well thought of and considered. The kitchen area must be utilized and allocated in the best possible way for all the basic appliances and utilities of a kitchen – the size and place of the stove, refrigerator, sink, dishwasher, cabinets, counter-top, and so on, is the first step in determining the kitchen's layout and design. Next, we consider which materials to use for each of the kitchen renovation features. For instance, for the counter top we can use marble, granite, tile, Formica and so on. The same goes for the cabinets, floor, walls and lightning, where the choice of materials is just as varied.
In addition, the plumbing and electricity of the new kitchen remodeling design may require some work & adjustments. You may want additional lights or more sinks and faucets for the kitchen makeover, especially if the kitchen area is large and it's a custom … Continue Reading