operations

Re-Bath ceases Baton Rouge operations two years after corporate takeover

Re-Bath has left the Baton Rouge market after a 15-year presence here, permanently closing its 15,475-square-foot Coursey Boulevard showroom two months ago.

It’s not immediately clear why the company’s corporate headquarters decided to cease operations in Baton Rouge, as a Re-Bath representative could not be reached for comment prior to publication.

Jonathan Walker and Ransom Pipes of Maestri-Murrell Commercial Real Estate are currently listing the building for the owner.

“If we see any strength in the commercial real estate market right now, it’s in the multifamily and industrial sectors,” says Walker, who’s listing the building, for sale or lease, for $1.55 million, or some $10.50 per square foot.

Re-Bath’s exit comes two years after the Arizona-based bathroom remodeling company took over ownership of its Baton Rouge location, which had been owned by local franchisees—the late Janice and Ronald “Pepere” Leclerc—on Jones Creek Boulevard since 2005, and managed by daughter Christy Beard after their deaths. Pepere Leclerc was known for running local television commercials that starred his granddaughter.

In late 2018, Re-Bath reopened the Baton Rouge store in the former Shoppers Choice showroom on Coursey, marking the chain’s first corporate-owned location. The space served as a “think tank” for Re-Bath to test new products, services, marketing programs and operational changes.

Source Article

Continue Reading

Battle Creek Air Guard Base completes $5.1M renovation to support cyber and air operations

A $5.14 million renovation project is complete at the Battle Creek Air National Guard Base.



a group of people standing in front of a brick building: Lt. Col. Terry Brennen, 217th Air Component Operations Squadron commander, from right to left, Col. Shawn Holtz, 110th Wing commander, Brig. Gen. Bryan Teff, Michigan Air National Guard commander, and Lt. Col. Daniel Guy, 110th Wing Mission Support Group commander cut the ribbon on a newly renovated building at the 110th Wing, Battle Creek Air National Guard Base, Battle Creek, Michigan, Oct. 2, 2020. The newly renovated building will house operations for the 272nd Cyber Operations Squadron and the 217th Air Component Operations Squadron.


© Provided
Lt. Col. Terry Brennen, 217th Air Component Operations Squadron commander, from right to left, Col. Shawn Holtz, 110th Wing commander, Brig. Gen. Bryan Teff, Michigan Air National Guard commander, and Lt. Col. Daniel Guy, 110th Wing Mission Support Group commander cut the ribbon on a newly renovated building at the 110th Wing, Battle Creek Air National Guard Base, Battle Creek, Michigan, Oct. 2, 2020. The newly renovated building will house operations for the 272nd Cyber Operations Squadron and the 217th Air Component Operations Squadron.

State Sen. John Bizon and ranking members of the Michigan Air National Guard held a ceremony Friday to open facilities for cyber and air operations support in Africa and Europe.

The renovations in the 22,789-square-foot building on the base will house the 272 Cyber Operations Squadron and the 217 Air Component Operations Squadron.

Formation of the cyber squadron was announced in 2015, one of 12 air guard installations in the country which will detect and protect the Department of Defense against electronic attacks. The unit was activated in January 2018 and employs 70 people.

The base has about 1,000 employees.

“Our primary role will be in support of the Department of Defense and statewide,” Col. Bryan Teff, then base commander, said five years ago. “Right now we experience millions of cyber attacks each day against the Department of Defense. We will defend networks and infrastructure when it comes to cyber communications. We will be focusing on the defense of that.”

No a Brigadier General and commander of the Michigan Air National Guard, Teff was present for the ceremony and said the renovation of the building will provide the men and women assigned to the squadrons to “fully execute

Continue Reading

Missouri governor orders external review of state’s veteran homes regarding COVID-19 operations after 4 deaths

Missouri Governor Mike Parson has ordered an external review of all seven of the state’s veteran homes and their COVID-19 operations.



Mike Parson wearing a suit and tie


© Provided by KSDK-TV St. Louis


The order comes after four veterans have died in Missouri Veterans Homes.

According to a release from the governor’s office, data that was presented on Thursday in a briefing with Gov. Parson raised concerns about how well Missouri Veterans Homes are uniformly and systematically operating to prevent and, if necessary, contain COVID-19 outbreaks among their staff and residents.

“We are deeply saddened by the news of the deaths in four of our Missouri Veterans Homes,” Governor Parson said. “As a veteran myself, I care a great deal about the quality of care our veterans receive at the Veterans Homes in our state and have raised an alarm bell more than once when I felt we as a state weren’t meeting the standard of care I believe they are owed.”

Latest on the surge in Missouri COVID-19 cases

UP NEXT

UP NEXT

“We have been fighting COVID-19 for over seven months now, and we have learned a lot about how to fight the virus since March,” Governor Parson continued. “The recent sudden positive case growth among staff and residents in our Veterans Homes, and most importantly, the tragic loss of lives of veterans in our care are, in my opinion, unacceptable.”

Gov. Parson instructed Missouri Veterans Commission Chairman Timothy Noonan to conduct a rapid, independent, external review of all seven Missouri Veterans Homes.

The external review will assess their performance and identify what steps, if any, should be taken to improve their management of COVID-19.

Gov. Parson’s office said he also directed the deployment of the new Abbott BinaxNOW rapid antigen tests to Missouri Veterans Homes to support immediate comprehensive testing of

Continue Reading