Home Architecture is evolving and creating looks that are bold, inspiring, and functional. You'll be hard pressed not to find a look that you love with the kitchen remodeling trends that are taking shape all around the country. Color seems to be one strong trend, although used sparingly, that singlehandedly revives pretty much any area of your home.
Whether you are remodeling or having new home construction, you can design the interior and exterior of your home to evoke your senses with its transformation. Kitchens are the main domain of the home, and yours should be representative of you and your personality.
Function to Look: Have it All
Try adding a pop of color with new sinks that are designed to complement stark white cabinets with a playful touch. Offered in an array of metal types, you'll have a new design that is as unique as you and provides plenty of enjoyment with this personal touch.
New home construction is showcasing these trends and getting in on the fun by creating spaces that homeowners gravitate towards. Using floating cabinets and specialized storage features, kitchens are becoming workspaces that homeowners can depend upon for form and function.
Back to the Oldies with Automation
The future is here with automation taking center stage as a new design element. Automated faucets, lights, and cooking technologies allow you to work easier and more efficiently. That being said, old is new again as some homeowners are opting for a country style with farmhouse sinks that are now available in exciting new colors. These sinks add a rustic flair while giving you more versatility with deeper and wider openings to accommodate washing cookware from family meals.
Warm and Inviting Spaces
Commercial grade kitchen features are rivaling traditional elements with larger prep areas and improved work surfaces. … Continue Reading
When designing a bathroom, many people consider paint, granite and fixture options, but there plenty of other design elements to consider … and this includes your shower curtains! In the last few years, options for bathroom shower curtains have changed a lot. Gone are the days when you picked a curtain by choosing between a few solid colors. Now there are thousands of curtain options that provide the functional design you need with a fresh look and feel.
Selecting a new shower curtain may not seem like a huge deal, but sometimes all the choices can create confusion. Just remember that your new curtain should represent your style while working to compliment your existing bathroom design. It should also be easy to install.
5 Trends in Shower Curtain Design
Are you ready to go shopping for a new bathroom shower curtain for your bathroom? Here is some information to help you shop for 5 trendy curtains:
- Prints: Shake up a simple bathroom by adding prints! Sometimes people worry about large, loud prints, but by adding a busy curtain to a plain bathroom will definitely make this space more interesting. Choosing prints includes a wide category of curtains, so you'll still have many options if you decide to go for a printed design.
- Fabrics: Nowadays curtains come in many different materials, sometimes paired with a liner to add the waterproof layer. Choosing a cotton or satin curtain could give your bathroom a regal and romantic feeling. Exploring different fabrics is a great way to choose a curtain that compliments your style and space.
- Eco-friendly: How about going green in your bathroom? There are many green shower curtain options on the market including ones that help limit your water use or those made of recycled materials. Choosing an eco-friendly curtain is great
… Continue Reading
Remodeling is changing the appearance, layout and furnishings of an already existing structure. It can also be defined as updating or altering or enhancing the appearance and functional utility of a building. Home is one of the most valuable assets for most of the people. Most of the people like to remodel their homes according to their wish, in order to make things look good. Each and every improvement increases the worth of your property.
Remodeling of a home includes expansion of kitchen, adding an extra room, setting up a home entertainment system, updating your bathroom appliances and other simple redecoration. Expanding the already existing structure will cost more than making an internal remodeling in homes. It is better to seek the help of some home remodeling contractor, who will let you know a lot of home remodeling tips. Before commencing the remodeling work, estimation should be made on the works to be done.
Concrete is now used for remodeling purpose, many builders and remodels are paying attention towards the use of concrete. Concrete is a combination of cement and fine aggregates and it is affordable than the natural stone and it is more Eco-friendly than other stones. It is used for various decorative purposes. During remodeling, when the floors are made up of concrete, it prevents the growth of black mold. Concrete floors and walls make use of passive solar technology, so additional maintenance and operation cost is not required.
Remodeling of a kitchen is one of the most popular projects in Houston. The kitchen is the important place in home. It is necessary to keep the kitchen clean, because it is the place where food is prepared. By remodeling, all the appliances are replaced by professional models using fresh new colors. There are certain things which will never … Continue Reading
Are you considering a master bathroom remodel? Updating your master bathroom is a great investment in your home. Not only will you enjoy all the comfort and convenience of your master bathroom remodel but this important home makeover will also add value to your home.
When it comes to a bathroom remodel, you've got options. You might be interested in a smaller remodel with simple changes like a fresh coat of paint, added shelving and storage racks, or new towels, mirrors and other accessories. If you've got a bigger budget and a loftier bathroom remodel plan, it may include converting a traditional bathtub shower into a walk-in shower, and upgrading your toilets, cabinetry, flooring, lighting and sinks.
Before finalizing your plans for a bathroom remodel, learn about the latest design trends, materials and options. You want to make sure that you get the most out of your investment, and that you even enjoy a return for months and years to come.
3 Trends in Bathroom Design
1. Tub Showers Out, Walk-In Showers In: Shower tubs, while still functional, are less stylish for bathroom remodels. Showers are beginning to replace tubs because of their functionality and extensive design options. Today, many showers are made out of several different types of materials, including: marble, granite, tile and glass. Bathtubs tend to look stagnant with their simple porcelain design. Tossing out the tub for the elegant and spacious look a walk-in shower offers can definitely add a fresh look. While growing families may require a bathtub for smaller children, a walk-in shower can be just as functional for those older in age. A walk-in shower provides more accessibility and options to customize the look of your new bathroom.
2. Throw-Carpets Out, Tile In: Let's face it, throw carpets in the bathroom are typically … Continue Reading